How to Become a Patient
You must not have insurance of any kind.
• You must not have private health insurance or insurance through Nevada Health Link.
• You must not currently be enrolled in Medicaid, Medicare, VA benefits or Nevada Check up (for children only).
• You must have been a resident of southern Nevada for at least three (3) months. You must live in southern Nevada for more than six (6) months out of the year.
• Your whole household income does not exceed 200% of the current Federal Poverty level (see table).
|# of People in Your Household||Total Household Income|
- Primary Care – Chronic & Acute Care
- Specialty Care – Cardiology, Dermatology, Podiatry, Nephrology, Orthopedic, Gynecology, Psychiatry, and more
- Cancer screenings – cervical, mammogram and colorectal
- Pediatric care
Our Ruffin Family and Paradise Park clinics provide our patients with adult and pediatric preventative, chronic, and acute primary medical care. We also offer women’s care, pediatric checkups and immunizations, colorectal, breast and cervical cancer screenings, and laboratory and imaging services. In addition, we offer on-site specialty clinics in collaboration with a comprehensive network of in-house, referral, and residency program providers.
- Prescription Medications
- Insullin and diabetic supplies
- Medication Management
- Select over the counter medications
The Pharmacy inside the Ruffin Family Clinic provides eligible patients with access to medications and medical supplies to treat a variety of life-threatening conditions, including diabetes, asthma, heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, infections, depression and other illnesses. In conjunction with the Roseman University School of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy, VMSN offers one-on-one medication management consulting for patients.
- Screenings and cleanings
- Cavity and periodontal care
- Protective restorations
- Replacement and corrective care
Comprehensive dental include all 4 phases from screenings and cleaning to adding to the mouth. In our four-suite Ruffin Family Dental Clinic, we provide child and adult oral hygiene, examinations, and in-house imaging; as well as preventative care, treatment, oral surgery, and oral hygiene education. Our newest location, the NV Energy Foundation Oral Health Clinic is co-located with our Paradise Park Medical Clinic. This clinic focuses on providing child and adult oral hygiene services, allowing our primary clinic the ability to focus on more complex care. Dental services are made possible by volunteer dentists, dental hygienists and assistant, as well as students from the UNLV School of Dental Medicine, College of Southern Nevada Dental Hygiene and Assisting programs, and Roseman University of Health Sciences, College of Dental Medicine Utah.
SOCIAL BEHAVIORAL INTERVENTION SERVICES
- Resource referrals
- Diabetes case management
- Individual and group therapy
- Education classes
- Depression and substance abuse screenings
VMSN’s Social and Behavioral Health Intervention Services department provides patients with access to care coordination, individual therapy and group intervention services. Our care-coordinators develop patient-centered care plans to connect patients to internal and external resources that will improve their overall health and wellness. Patients are seen for a variety of issues, such as food insecurity, legal concerns, child care needs, transportation barriers, domestic violence and history of trauma, mental health needs, history of substance abuse, and financial insecurity. Our behavioral health team provides individual and group therapy to assist patients in effectively navigating distress related to depression, anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, and/or daily stressors while developing positive coping tools.